We are a ** (TWO) Star-rated quality budget Bed & Breakfast Hotel (Kenya | East African Community classification of Tourism Enterprises, Category: Town Hotels).
iKWETA Country Inn is situated in a tranquil setting in a flower garden (the Maua Gardens) by the Mboone River which traverses the property. There are 38 guest rooms, most of them situated on the riverfront. All the guest rooms are decorated in an original, tasteful distinctive African design and colors. The en suite bathrooms have deliberately been enlivened with attractive colors. There are TVs in most of the guest rooms.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this Web site, then, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. iKWETA Country Inn may change this policy from time to time by updating this page.
What we collect
We collect the following information: Name; email address and other contact details.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to be able to follow up on your reservation and to provide you with a better service, and in particular for internal record keeping. We may use this information to contact you in the future to inform you of our Special Offers.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Reservation, Confirmation and Cancellation policies
In the case where you are still finalizing your travel plans, but would still like to hold space at iKWETA Country Inn, we will provisionally book your accommodations and/or your conference requirements, and you can let us know when you are ready to confirm your booking.
In most cases we can provisionally hold space until you are ready to confirm, provided that availability still exists. The following policies apply:
- All rates include applicable taxes: VAT, 16%; Tourism Levy, 2%.
- All rates subject to change without notice.
- Payment in advance of stay; Extras charged separately.
- Payment guarantees reservation.
- Guest rooms or conference facilities cannot be held for guests before payment is made.
- Accommodation is by advance confirmed reservation.
- We accept payment with M-PESA (to Till Number 56024) and with PayPal and major Credit Cards.
- We accept payments online on this secure website via Direct Pay Online, a platform used by many establishments in Kenya and in other countries. We can also send you an Email Transaction link to make payment in order to guarantee your reservation.
- Once you have completed the online payment process you will receive an email confirming your payment.
- We do not accept personal cheques.
- Walk-ins pay in full at check-in for entire stay.
- Variation of stay (shortening or prolonging of stay).
- Notice has to be given three (3) days in advance (in writing) for early departure or for prolonging the stay.
- Consideration will be given for prolonging stay provided there is availability.
- Cancellations will be in writing.
The following cancellation fees apply
- Up to 14 days prior to arrival: 50% due
- Up to 10 days prior to arrival: 75% due
- Less than including 7 days: 100% due
Guest Registration policy
- iKWETA Country Inn shall keep a register and shall enter or cause to be entered in the register particulars of every guest, in compliance with prevailing legislation under the Tourism Act (2011).
- All guests shall present their Kenya ID or national passport at check-in as well as other relevant information required for the register.
- Guests must be 18 years or older with Kenya ID or national passport to reserve or check in at iKWETA Country Inn.
- Guests without proper ID documents shall not be checked in at iKWETA Country Inn.
- Visitors of guests shall present their Kenya ID or national passport.
- Check-in time: 14:00 hours
- Check-out time: 11:00 hours
- A surcharge may be imposed for late check-out.
Safety and security
- Guests are expected to observe, abide by, conform to and be bound by all applicable laws, rules and regulations in force from time to time.
- Guests are advised to take care of their personal belongings as iKWETA Country Inn does not assume responsibility for personal property lost or damaged that has not been handed over to the office for safe keeping.
- Parking is available on the street in front of iKWETA Country Inn for the convenience of guests.
- For safety and security reasons only guests currently at iKWETA Country Inn can be allowed to park in the reserved Parking in front of the Hotel.
- Although the Parking area is under general surveillance by Hotel security, guests use the reserved Parking in front of the Hotel at their own risk and the Hotel assumes no responsibility for damage to or theft of parked vehicles or vehicle contents.
- All guest rooms and meeting rooms at iKWETA Country Inn are smoke-free.
- Smoking is absolutely forbidden in the guest rooms, meeting rooms, Bistro, and Bar.
- General public areas are smoke-free. Smoking is allowed only in the designated outdoor areas.
- Violation of the policy will incur a heavy fine, and in case of repeat violation, the guest(s) may be asked to leave iKWETA Country Inn.
Policy on noise and conduct
- To maintain serene surroundings and especially a quiet and sleep-conducive environment, iKWETA Country Inn has zero tolerance noise policy.
- The Hotel will issue a warning to an offending guest if there is a noise complaint.
- If there is a second complaint, the offending guest will be evicted from iKWETA Country Inn with no refund.
- The same zero tolerance noise policy applies to walk-in guests.
- There is zero tolerance policy to drunkenness. [See also below on drunkenness under Food and beverage policy].
- No illegal substances are permitted at iKWETA Country Inn. A violation will result in immediate expulsion from the premises of iKWETA Country Inn and the involvement of law enforcement.
Food and beverage policy
- All food and beverages for the purpose of entertaining in a guest room or anywhere else on the premises must be provided by iKWETA Country Inn.
- Consumption of food or beverages is not allowed in any of the meeting rooms.
- Guests who infringe the policy may be surcharged or evicted from iKWETA Country Inn with no refund.
- iKWETA Country Inn is very strict in the observance of Kenya’s alcoholic drinks control laws, in accordance with the terms and conditions of the establishments’ licenses. [Alcoholic Drinks Control Act, 2010 – Subsidiary legislation (Special Issue, Kenya Gazette Supplement No. 91 of 17th December, 2010 (Legislative Supplement No. 59), LEGAL NOTICE NO. 206. FOURTH SCHEDULE: Licence Hours, Conditions and Exceptions. Hotel Alcoholic drink Licence. Restaurant Alcoholic drink Licence).]
Hotel Alcoholic Drink Licence
- Authorized to sell alcoholic drink on any day of the week to a lodger for his own and his guest’s consumption on the premises, at any hour.
Restaurant Alcoholic Drink Licence
- (a) Authorized to sell alcoholic drink on any day of the week to persons taking meals in the restaurant, for consumption with such meals.
- (b) Authorized to sell alcoholic drink from Monday to Friday during the hours of 5.00 p.m. to 11.00 p.m.
- (c) Authorized to sell alcoholic drink during weekends and public holidays during the hours of 2.00 p.m. to 11.00 p.m.
The law on drunken behaviour
- (1) A licensee or an agent or employee of a licensee may refuse to admit to, and shall expel from, the premises to which his licence relates any person who is drunk and disorderly, violent, or quarrelsome, or whose presence would subject the licensee to a fine or penalty under this Act.
- (2) Any person referred to in subsection (1) who, on being requested by the licensee or his agent or employee, or by a police officer, to quit the licensed premises, refuses to do so, commits an offence.
- (3) On the demand of a licensee or his agent or employee, a police officer shall expel or assist in expelling from the licensed premises the person referred to in subsection (1).
- (4) A licensee who permits any drunkenness leading to violent, quarrelsome or riotous conduct to take place on the premises to which the licence relates commits an offence.
Alcoholic Drinks Control Act, 2010. Section 22.
Access by persons under age of eighteen years
- (1) No person holding a licence to manufacture, store or consume alcoholic drinks under this Act shall allow a person under the age of eighteen years to enter or gain access to the area in which the alcoholic drink is manufactured, stored or consumed.
- (2) Any person who contravenes the provisions of subsection (1) commits an offence.
Alcoholic Drinks Control Act, 2010. Section 24.
No In-Room Party Policy
- iKWETA Country Inn enforces a NO IN-ROOM PARTY POLICY to ensure we can protect the Hotel and our guests at all times.
- In the event of a disturbance, one warning will be given to reduce noise. If this warning is not followed, the guest or guests will forfeit all payments and must leave the Hotel immediately.
- Pets are not allowed.
Acceptable Internet use policies
iKWETA Country Inn provides access to high-speed Internet to guests staying at the Hotel or by arrangement, to guests holding meetings, special functions or events at the Hotel. The service is not available to walk-ins. However, this service is accompanied by a number of rules and expectations with regard to Internet access over our network. Therefore, all guests wishing to access the Internet over our Network are expected to adhere to Acceptable Internet Use Policies, which include the following:
- Guests shall not use the iKWETA network to access objectionable or illegal content as defined by the laws of Kenya.
- Guests shall desist from online activities such as downloading videos and streaming music since these activities can be a significant drain on our available bandwidth.
- Guests who abuse our fair use policy or violate our establishment’s rules and general guidelines shall be denied further access to our Internet connection and may also be asked to leave iKWETA Country Inn.
- Staff at Front & Back Office are to communicate to the guests the Acceptable Internet Use Policies when they issue them Wi-Fi credentials to access the Internet through the iKWETA network.
Loss or damage
- Guests shall be held liable for any loss of or damage to property of iKWETA Country Inn incurred by them.
- The establishment reserves the right to charge guest’s account commensurate to the cost of such loss or damage.
- iKWETA Country Inn will not assume any responsibility for damages or loss of any merchandise or articles left in any area of the Hotel prior to, during or following a guest’s or a group’s functions.
- It is the responsibility of the guest or group to notify attendees that no valuables should be left in function rooms or areas or foyers.
- Guest or group is responsible for any damage or destruction to the premises during the period of time that the guest, attendees, invites, employees, or independent contractors hired by Group are under guest’s or group’s jurisdiction.